This scanner will work with all OBDII vehicles from the mid-1990's and on.
Please note that this product is the VCM Scanner which does not have any tuning capabilities nor does it utilize any credits. If you are interested in the tuner, please see the HP Tuners VCM Suite which we offer.
The VCM Sanner utility is a fully featured OBDII scanning and diagnostic tool.
It allows viewing, charting and logging of diagnostic data in real time via the vehicle OBDII diagnostic data port. It also allows viewing of vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) and other vehicle information. Built in VCM controls also supported. Command fans, closed loop, gear select, timing, air fuel ratio and more real time!
• Powerful MDI user interface
• Variable Logging/Playback speeds or user controlled using the chart display
• Export feature allows you to view/modify your file via Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word
• Customizable histograms (Example)
• Histogram user defined filters
• Histogram cell count filter
• Printable histograms
• Customizable gauge display (dashboard) (Example)
• Customizable chart (Example)
• Separate gauge and chart displays
• Sensor based configuration support
• Table based histogram configuration support
• Auto histogram adjustment on vehicle connect
• Installs with default histograms loaded
• Installs in ready-to-scan configuration
• Installs with additional histograms
• User defined PIDs with complex function support (Example)
• MPIDS (Memory PID's) supported
• View and clear DTCs in just seconds (Example)
• View readiness test status
• Change histogram while scanning
• Change charts while scanning
• Change gauges while scanning
• Change unit value while scanning
• Change config files while scanning
• Copy/Paste special between VCM Scanner and VCM Editor
• User inputted markers and comments
• Log comment section to give commentary for future viewing
• VCM Controls for GM V6, GM Gen3 V8, GM Gen4 V8 and GM L4 Vehicles (Example)
• Case Learn Feature
• Utilizes GM's Fast Packet Technology
• Scan 6 bytes of data at 40 frames per second
• Scan 12 bytes of data at 20 frames per second
• Scan 24 bytes of data at 10 frames per second
• Scan 48 bytes of data at 5 frames per second
• Scan 56 bytes of data at 5-20 frames per second-vehicle/pcm dependant
• MPVI Pro options available with VCM Scanner (Example)
• Black box data logging (hardware logging without a laptop)
• Wide band inputs
• 2 programmable outputs
Standard vs. Professional Scanner
(Please note: This product is the VCM Scanner Professional Version.)
What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
With the Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into the scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.
The MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of the VCM Suite package.
Can I buy a wide band sensor and simply plug it in?
No. You need a wide band kit that supplies a 0-5v output. You will plug the output from your wide band controller into the interface.
Is a Wideband Sensor and Controller included with the MPVI Pro?
No. You would need to purchase this separately from a company such as Innovate motorsports, PLX, AEM, Etc.
How many external devices can I have with the MPVI Pro?
The unit has provisions for 4 external devices that use a 0-5v output signal.
These are the top sellers on our site!